This cheesy, spicy flatbread is completely irresistible. Cook it on the grill until just lightly charred, and serve with ribs—it’s great for mopping up all the delicious sauce.
- 1 (14-ounce) can creamed corn
- 4 1/2 ounces grated haloumi
- 4 1/2 ounces grated mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Cracked black pepper
- 4–6 small pita breads, halved
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat a grill pan or grill over high heat. Place the creamed corn, haloumi, mozzarella, jalapeños, lime zest, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine. Spoon the mixture into the pita halves and press to fill to the edges. Brush the pitas with the oil and grill for 2–3 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and the cheese has melted. Cut into wedges to serve.