,September 16, 2021
Thai-Style Seafood Salad | Pearl River Bridge
Use Pearl River Bridge Superior Light Soy Sauce as a dipping sauce with your favourite Asian snacks, or add it to stir-fries and marinades for an extra flavour infusion. It’s so versatile! Available at Coles.
Thai-Style Seafood Salad
- 200g prawns
- 6 mussels
- 1 octopus tentacle, chopped
- 5 green oranges
- 180mL Pearl River Bridge Golden Label Superior Light Soy Sauce
- 160mL Pearl River Bridge Rice Vinegar
- 5mL Pearl River Bridge Sesame Oil
- 60g sugar
- 20mL Pearl River Bridge Kwangtung Cooking Wine
- 30mL chilli oil
- 10mL Sichuan pepper oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 red chillies, chopped
- Juice ½ lemon
- 150g green papaya, sliced
- 100g green mango, sliced
100g onion sliced
- ¼ red capsicum, sliced
- ¼ yellow capsicum, sliced
- Halve the green oranges and squeeze the juice into a medium bowl. Combine well with the rest of the sauce ingredients.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and boil the prawns, mussels and octopus separately until cooked through. Pour in the sauce and simmer for 30 mins.
- Mix salad ingredients in a large bowl and split. Arrange the prawns, mussels and octopus on top of the salad.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over the salad and serve.
Mixed Mushroom & Prawn Soup
Recipe / Pearl River Bridge
- 15g onion, chopped
- 10g garlic, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- 250g prawn heads
- 1 tbsp Pearl River Bridge Kwangtung Cooking Wine
- 1L hot water
- 200g mixed fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 10g ginger, sliced
- 15g tomato paste
- 10g Pearl River Bridge Premium Oyster Flavoured Sauce
- Salt & sugar, to taste
- Fry the onion, garlic and chilli in a saucepan. Add the shrimp heads and stir-fry until red in colour, then add the Pearl River Bridge Kwangtung Cooking Wine to the pan.
- When the oil becomes red in colour, pour the hot water into the pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins on low heat. Drain the soup liquid into a large bowl and set aside.
- In another pan, fry the ginger and mixed mushrooms well. Stir in the tomato paste on low heat. Add the reserved soup liquid to the mushroom mixture and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 mins on low heat.
- Season with Pearl River Bridge Premium Oyster Flavoured Sauce, salt and sugar.
Sweet & Sour Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes
Recipe / Pearl River Bridge
- 2 potatoes
- 10g butter
- 30mL cream
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- 300g minced pork
- 5 mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp Pearl River Bridge Mushroom Flavoured Superior Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp Pearl River Bridge Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Oil, for frying
- Peel the potatoes, boil for 30 mins and mash. Heat the pan over low heat, add butter, cream, black pepper and salt, mix well with the mashed potato.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mushrooms with the minced pork. Add in salt, Pearl River Bridge Mushroom Flavoured Superior Dark Soy Sauce and cornflour for seasoning.
- Roll pork mixture into 5cm balls. Half-fill saucepan with oil, bring to high heat and add the balls. Deep-fry for 3 mins, take out and drain.
- Heat Pearl River Bridge Sweet & Sour Sauce in a fresh pan. Place the meatballs back in the pan, cook for 1 min and dish up.
For more information visit pearlriverbridge.com
Georgia Nelson is a journalist based on the South Coast of NSW, currently acting as the deputy editor at EatWell, and the features writer at WellBeing and WILD. She has a penchant for sustainable beauty, slow fashion and feminist literature.
Looking for a recipe that tastes like summer on a plate? This flavoursome BBQ prawn salad is the one for…
Global seafood consumption has quadrupled over the past 50 years and interest in environmentally conscious fish choices has grown. But…